Sunday 23 December 2012

Song of Mary

It's dark
My soul magnifies the Lord
and I'm cold
And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior
The pain
For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant
is getting stronger
For behold
and it's coming more often
henceforth all generations will call me blessed
My legs hurt
For He who is mighty has done great things for me
and Joseph was the one who did the walking
And holy is His name
The straw sticks into my back
And His mercy is on those who fear Him
when I try to lie down
From generation to generation
All I can feel is pain
He has shown strength with His arm
My body is full of it
He has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts
I cry out
He has put down the mighty from their thrones
and my husband soothes me
And exalted the lowly
Breathe out my love
He has filled the hungry with good things
I scream
And the rich He has sent away empty
and He is born

the Savior of the world

1 comment:

Lynda Watson said...

Dear Sarah,
I love this - thank you!
Lynda x