Saturday 1 April 2017

First Love

I think about you all the time.
When I wake
I am already thinking about you.
When I sleep
You are my last conscious thought.

I replay the times we have together,
and I am there with you again,
in the midst of glorious life.

I repeat the words you have spoken to me,
and my mind embraces them afresh,
with joy and gratitude
that you are in my life.

I feel so safe when I am with you,
as if no darkness could touch me,
or anything go wrong with my day.

I find myself talking about you to others,
and catch myself smiling in the mirror.

My heart is full of you.
There is little space for other things.
Things that once seemed so important,
are sidelined and forgotten.

My heart is yours forever.

My Lord and Saviour.
May I never lose my first love for you.

No comments: