Saturday 11 April 2020

Modern Testimony

Cut to the chase,
slip through the breeze.
He's dying,
I'm crying.
Can't see through the tears.
Tears me inside,
outside I'm fighting,
waiting to hit the floor
when the pain gets too bad.
I've got so much to gain
in taking this offer.
Too good to be true,
or maybe too good to miss,
and if I miss it
will another one come along
in a lifetime of days.
Days of despair
sink rapidly away
as I rise into
the light of new life.
I said "Yes"
What could I do,
there was love in His eyes.
That's my fairy tale
to be truly loved
for who I am,
and who is He,
this one who died on a tree
for me and mine,
and you and yours.
Never ending circles of connection going out.
We can tell others.
Should we tell others?
Yes. He's alive.
He has risen from the dead,
conquered death,
so you and I don't have to die.
Glory.
There's glory in the house.
It's thick like the presence of heaven,
giving gifts to His children.
I am lost in wonder,
but no longer lost to my King.
My Lord.
He is adored.
I love Him.
You can too.


2 comments:

Sarah Elizabeth Angus said...

We all have our own story of how our life changed when we met Jesus. Language to describe what happens alters over time but the life changing reality is the same. Happy Easter. Jesus is risen!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Sarah, thank you for sharing your gift for words and your love of the Lord. He is risen indeed xxx