Saturday 27 August 2016

Meditation on Psalm 32 verse 7

"You are my hiding place.
  You shall preserve me from trouble;
  You shall surround me with songs of deliverance."


Singing not fighting
is the order of the day
when trouble comes near
to keep it away.

It may sound odd
to start singing a song
and not take a weapon
to make you feel strong.

The power of the singing
is not yet understood
by those who don't see
that the Lord means them good.

But now I will choose
to listen to the sound
for it will bring me back
to His solid ground.

The Lord sings aloud
and He calms my anxious heart
all I need is to choose faith
that is my part.

I choose to believe
what He says and He sings
as He lifts me up
on deliverance wings.

He will keep me from troubles
and if I find myself there
He will hide me securely
in the place of His care.

No comments: