Saturday 13 October 2018

I've Got To Go

I've got to go.

I really don't,
but I don't want to stay.

I'm distracted
by my own thoughts,
and I don't want to
enter your world too deeply.

I might get lost
in the labyrinth of your
emotions,
and my own are confusing
enough.

I've got to go,
but I'll stay in touch.
Only at arm's length,
you understand.
I have to protect
the heart of my little world,
that I orbit trying
to make sense of what I see,
and what I hear,
but I don't,
and it doesn't.

I nod and smile.
It was nice to meet you.

But it wasn't.
Nice isn't the right word,
but my mind lazily
picks the beige description.

It was interesting,
challenging of my previous perception,
thought provoking,
heart breaking,
moving...
Sorry, I've got to go.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you Sarah x