Saturday 20 October 2018

The Space Between Worlds

In the space between worlds
I am lifted up.
I have said goodbye to loved ones
on one side of the sphere,
and am yet to be welcomed
by others.

I join with the citizens
of this hurtling world,
sucked into the slipstream
of humanity rushing to and fro.

We are a compressed company,
crammed into miraculous flying machines.

We stare at screens,
and glance at each other,
unable to connect
as we make our connections.

As strangers we share
brief pleasantries,
knowing we will never
see each other again.

My heart leaves one world behind,
to replace itself in another.

It is a strange sensation,
this solitary pilgrimage
across the planet
for far flung family.

My tired thoughts turn
to those who wait for me,
beyond this curious
space between worlds.

No comments: