Saturday 6 January 2024

Wrestling

 I know I cannot

wrestle with You 

and win.

I cannot even prevail in an argument

about a slight difference of opinion.

Why does my heart

justify itself,

thinking it can out staunch an everlasting God?

Maybe I'm a little crazy,

but I find myself

thinking I can get away

with things that I pull others up for.

Log or speck in your eye,

totally depends on perspective,

and we generally give ourselves

the benefit of the doubt.

How can I feel justified to judge others 

in an uncaring manner,

when I would so dislike

to receive that judgment turned on me?

How can I know I have truly forgiven

the one who caused me or another such distress?

Can my heart ever tell the absolute truth?

It will one day when I stand before the Lord.

So I wrestle,

and acknowledge my humanity,

and am so thankful

that I have made Jesus,

my Savior and my Lord.


1 comment:

Sarah Elizabeth Angus said...

God's Word brings conviction and also brings the answers to the thoughts we wrestle with.