Saturday 29 July 2023

Destinations and Departures

 As I wait to go

from this room to the next,

from this country to the next,

from this life to the next,

I want to connect 

with my correct destination.

Jesus said

I am the Way, the Truth and the Life,

and He meant it to give hope

to lost generations

and lost individuals

looking for a compass

that has been mislaid.

Jesus said

I am the door,

for us to enter through

into the presence of His glory and everlasting life.

In this so broken world

we can hardly imagine such a place exists,

but Scripture points to it

and with confidence we can reply to this invitation so graciously given.

We are not a collection of atoms

aimlessly floating through the universe.

We are precious,

created by God for purpose and blessing.

We make sure of our destination before departure

during this life.

We can also do the same for the next.

1 comment:

Sarah Elizabeth Angus said...

God does not want any to remain lost.