Saturday 15 July 2023

Pressure

 I feel the pressure

of the 

fallen world,

sapping my strength,

rendering me powerless

against the avalanche of information

forcing itself into my head space.

Danger, fear, power, glory

muddled up in the daily news stew.

I can

of course

choose not to partake of the toxic brew,

spewed out through screens big and small.

I could tune out,

switch off,

but the fear of missing out

is a potent force

for fragile human beings

needing to be liked or forwarded.

It seems insane that we are

under

the spell

of the little black mirror,

that can be held in our hands

as it owns our lives.

It does not tell us the truth

about ourselves 

or others

or what really matters. 

Let's turn it off for a while,

but

obviously

not

until

you

have

finished 

reading 

this.

1 comment:

Sarah Elizabeth Angus said...

The phone we carry around has become too powerful. Let's connect more with the Lord.